90% of all furniture in the world is made of MDF (wood fibers glued under heat and pressure). It is a non-expensive easy-to-work-with alternative to wood. Despite its many advantages, MDF is a heavy material. Moreover, it is widely thought the glue binding MDF wood fibers contains formaldehyde that may affect health.
We create innovative premium class furniture. That is why we apply only the most advanced materials used in aerospace and boatbuilding industries. Among these top-quality materials is an aluminium sandwich panel. We work with two types of panels:
- For standard-shaped furniture we use sandwich panels made by attaching two thin but stiff aluminium sheets to a lightweight but thick aluminium honeycomb core.
- For nonstandard-shaped furniture we use sandwich panels bound with only one cover sheet attached to a corrugated core. This structure enables creating various elaborate curves and forms.
Aluminium sandwich panels offer a number of great benefits:
- Aluminium is remarkably strong and inherent stable, yet ultra lightweight at that. One square metre of a two centimetre thick sandwich panel weighs around seven kilograms, which is at least twice less than an MDF panel of the same thickness.
- Aluminium has a long life because it doesn't rust, break or warp. It is fire-resistant and eco-friendly, it can be 95% recycled.
- Aluminium poses no health risk because it is completely safe, non-toxic and hygienic.
The aluminium sandwich body of an Egoist cabinet
We should emphasize two more important things:
- Lightweight furniture is easy to assemble.
- We make our little contribution to environment protection, as lightweight product logistics requires less fuel thus reducing CO2 emissions.
Besides sandwich panels, we also use another high performance product: carbon fiber veneer. It perfectly corresponds to the concept of lightweight durability. Yet, above all we value carbon for its unique decorative properties.