How is the wood protected from water?
What are the advantages of your product in comparison to other manufacturers of wooden washbasins and baths?
The use of varnish gives us ample opportunity to customize the product according to individual customer needs. You can engrave an unusual leaf, flower or blade of grass, jewellery, or even a picture. For example, for a Swiss watchmaker we made a washbasin with a crack filled with watch gears.
What is the warranty on your wooden products?
Setting the warranty aside, how long will we be able to use this washbasin?
Do I need to take care of the surface in a special way and how often? Is there anything to avoid?
- Do not use abrasive cleaners (powders and pastes containing solid abrasives)!
- Toothpaste, soap and water residue is easy to remove with a wet towel without using any cleaners.
- You should use only anti-calc products or lemon acid to clean plugs.
Treat and polish an item surface as if it were your car varnish coating, and the product will preserve its original beauty and luster for years to come.
What should I do if the surface is somehow damaged?
- If the surface is scratched, any car painting specialist (or even yourself, with a proper grinding tool) will be able to polish a scratch. Feel free to use any car polishing devices for our surfaces. There are companies that offer small repairs of lacquer surfaces on the site — you can also contact them.
- If damage is serous and affects the very core of the wood, there will not be a crack so any furniture workshop working with polyester lacquers can assist you.
How does the surface react to conventional cleaning agents?
Which surfaces are possible?
The results of different surface tests
|Aceton (Tropfen auf die Oberfläche)||keine Reaktion|
|Aceton (Bearbeitung der Oberfläche mit einem Aceton-Lappen)||Lack wird eingegriffen|
|Flüssiges Deodorant||keine Reaktion|
|Reiner Alcohol (Ethanol, 95%)||kleiner Rand*|
|Reinigungsmittel: Vanish, Antikal, Ente WC-Gel, Rorax, Bang, Tempo||keine Reaktion|
|Salzsäure (HCl, 99%)||keine Reaktion|
Is the procedure of washbasin and bath installation the same as for conventional washbasins and baths?
Can I use any drain plug?
Can I use any water tap?
Actually yes, because there are always different ways to adjust the strength and direction of the water jet. However, if you have a mixer with an open
spout, it is always better if the spout is placed relatively close to the washbasin surface.
Where does Ammonitum produce?
Production is in Bavaria, Germany, at two production sites in Prien and in Jetzendorf:
In Prien near Rosenheim, the purchased wood material is stored, cut into layers for further processing, dried and glued into blocks. Afterwards, these blocks are used to produce finished bathtub and washbasin blanks. Smaller furniture orders are also carried out in Prien.
In Jetzendorf, the shape and surface are perfected, made ready for lacquering and then lacquered for a very long and costly time. Our production plant in Jetzendorf are leaving perfect objects ready for shipment.